A great, affordable essential oil blend!

I have to share this essential oil blend that I recently ordered from Amazon. I know many people are die hard YL essential oil customers, but frankly, I can't afford that all the time. If I was ingesting my oils, I might feel differently, but I'm not and I need to be able to afford them. I do use YL Stress Away which is an amazing blend and it has helped me immensely in acute panic situations. I put some on my temples and the base of my neck or inhale some slowly and it makes a huge difference in my heart rate and everything! I certainly don't know everything there is to know about oils; I'm still learning little bits here and there. What I do know is how they've helped me immensely.

I have trouble sleeping. A lot. Sometimes it's just plain ol' insomnia and sometimes it's my severe anxiety. Sometimes it's both! For a long time, I have taken Xanax or Ativan twice a day to help with it. While I always had a low dose and only two per day at most, benzodiazepines are not the best drugs to be on long term. I was perusing Amazon recently when I found this essential oil blend: Calming Sleep by Gurunanda. It costs 5 dollars and is comparable to doTERRA and YL. Again, I know many people are staunch supporters of those brands (and rightfully so, they're both amazing!) but let's face facts...many of us cannot feasibly drop $20 or more for a bottle of oil. I want to benefit from essential oils and still be able to pay my bills, ya know? 

I started diffusing this blend in my room and it made a huuuuge difference in my sleep. I wasn't waking as frequently and I was falling asleep more easily without the aid of medication or even melatonin chewables (which can be great, by the way, but as with anything you should not take them every day. Your body gets used to having it and then will NEED them to fall asleep.) The other day (gasp!) my diffuser broke! It was a gift over a year ago from my best friend and I absolutely loved it. Of course, I went online and ordered a new one straight away, but it hasn't arrived yet. The last couple of nights, I have NOT slept well. I fully attribute this to not having my oils! I broke down and asked my mom if I could borrow hers until mine comes and she graciously let me. I currently have my stress relief blend going with some lemon and it is so soothing to me! 

I didn't know much about essential oils until recently and I certainly don't know tons. I plan on purchasing the pocket reference guide to learn more and to guide me in my future essential oil endeavors (Thanks for the tip, Julie!!). I DO know that I've been able to cut down the amount of medication I put into my body, which has been huge. Do you ever think about what goes into your body and how hard your kidneys and liver have to work to filter it out? Some medications (even as basic as Benadryl!) are actually really difficult on the liver. Acetominophen (good ol' Tylenol) is FATAL if too much is taken. It destroys the liver. I'm not saying I don't take meds and I'm certainly not saying you should stop doing so. I'm simply suggesting we all be a little more aware of what's going into our bodies and what our amazing bodies do every day to keep things running smoothly. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whole New Adventure